Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

Green Thumb


I'll admit it: I have never had a green thumb. If you want a plant to wither up, bring it to my house. But, I've never been a quitter either. So I'll try and try again and again.

There is a planter in our back yard that was serving as a rock bed, so I decided this would be a good project for myself. I took out all of the rocks (and believe me, there were a lot of them), dug up a good deal of Georgia clay (a.k.a. concrete), and filled the planter with soil. I planted a few lily bulbs about six weeks ago, and they are starting to come in nicely. I planted a few annuals yesterday, but still have plenty of room for more. I'll post more photos as this project develops. Mike

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?