Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

Kroger U-Scan

I admit it. The Kroger U-Scan intimidates me. I know, I know, it shouldn't... but it does. I never intended on ever actually using it, but Shannon assured me that it was safe and easy. I was content to just watch other brave souls from afar.

After some persuading, she finally talked me into trying it. And since that time, the Kroger associates always roll their eyes whenever they see me coming. Inevitably, I'm going to double scan something, or forget to immediately place the purchased item in the bag, or mess up the form of payment, or choose the wrong language ("Ponga por favor sus artículos en el bolso").

I had finally reached a point where I felt somewhat comfortable with the "user friendly" apparatus... until today. I stopped by after to work to pick up a few items, including some potatoes. I scanned the potatoes a half dozen times before I realized that there was no bar code. I had officially become my own check-out clerk. Now, they've got me hitting buttons, weighing the bag, etc... I was tempted to put on a smock, start chewing gum, and get on the intercom to announce "Price check on aisle three".

I might sound old, but I remember when you had a choice of Full Service gas or Self Service gas. Just the other night, we had dinner at The Melting Pot, and had to cook our own dinner. Grocery stores are heading toward the same fate. It won't be long before you'll walk into a Starbucks and have to make your own Venti Double-shot Hazelnut Latte. The travesty...

Comments:
LOL the only time I use that is when im with someone else and they want to do it themselves just so they can try it.

I stand back and sigh in relief! :)
 
Brooke loves the stupid things too. Problem is that we buy alot of Corona. Between the barcode-less limes and her still getting IDed we never get out of the grocery store. I'm just gonna start drinking in the checkout line.

Nate
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?