Monday, June 19, 2006

 

The DMV

It came to my attention that my Alabama Driver's License has just expired. I didn't have to go to work today, so I decided to shoot over to the DMV and get a Georgia License. With all of this talk of deportation, I wanted to become a legal citizen. I took a number (790) and sat down. The Now Serving sign read "3". Great. 51 hours later, my number was finally called. I grabbed my little stack of paperwork and walked up to the counter and was greeted by Hilda. I showed my proper identification, my bank statement, my water bill, my gas bill, my Social Security Card, my Books a Million card, my Kroger card, a stool sample, etc.. Hilda informed me that I needed my Birth Certificate to prove that I was who I said I was. "NEXT". I got a phone number for the Vital Records Service of Georgia, where I listened to 23 minutes of recordings telling me to press 7 for English, yada, yada, yada. I finally found their website and downloaded the appropriate form. I entered all of the information, then printed said form. It was at this point that I remembered my printer was out of toner. A trip to Office Max and $64.99 solved that problem. 10 dollars more getting a Money Order and I was on my way. I can't wait to see how long the rest of this process takes. Mike

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?