Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

March Madness (again)

I've been filling out NCAA March Madness brackets for over 10 years with the same group of friends (based in Birmingham, AL at my old Outback). While the group has grown over the years, I can pride myself in saying that I have always finished in the top 15 (there were 143 entries last year, only 100 this year). I've even won money on two occasions: 2nd place in 1998 and 3rd place in 1999. But this year has been a complete disaster. I'm not sure if you've heard, but quality teams are dropping like flies this year. My whole "bracketology" system has been annihilated (as Shannon would be quick to point out, with her "my favorite city" technique). Out of the Sweet Sixteen, I have only 12 teams left on one board, and only 9 teams left on the other. The good news is that everyone else has run into the same problems. UConn must win for me to see any gravy, so GO HUSKIES!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?