Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Taverna Plaka

Shannon and I had dinner with the rest of the Partners from Outback at a Greek Restaurant called Taverna Plaka last night. When I say Greek, I don't mean a Greek Salad, I mean GREEK! I believe the staff were extras in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. We started out with the Hoatiki Greek salad, Saganaki, and a Cold Pikilia Platter served with many traditional Greek spreads. Next (without any warning I might add) came the belly dancer, and this girl put the belly in belly dancer. I don't know about you, but if my job description required me to show my belly, I'd put a little money aside for a trip to Trim Spa. But Hey! I'm not Greek. (I took the camera, but wasn't sure if this was a good photo opportunity) Finally the entrees arrived, featuring the Hot Pikilia Patter with the Youvetsi, Kotopoulo Souvlaki, Gyro, Hirino and Arno Souvlaki. What a mouthful. We finished off dinner with an authentic bakliva and assorted Greek pastries.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?