Monday, October 10, 2005

 

Miles and miles...


When I was offered a position in the Atlanta area, I was excited for 2 reasons: I would be closer to Shannon, and I would be closer to Jimmy and Tracy. I had no idea (at the time) how big Atlanta really was! I live 19.4 miles from Shannon. Now that doesn't sound too bad, until you factor in traffic. On a good day, it takes me 37 minutes. Jimmy, on the other hand, lives on the other side of town (even though it seems like the other side of the universe). I reset my odometer yesterday before heading to Jimmy's house, then checked it after I made it home: I had actually driven 129.7 miles (granted, I took a wrong turn, of course). I'm certain that I lived closer to Jimmy when I lived in Birmingham.

Comments:
I'll jump on the Jerry bus and say that since I've lived in Birmingham I have only had to fill up with gas twice. Granted it was close to $50 each time, but it has still only been twice...have fun in ATL!!!
 
Mike just imagine how lost I'm gonna be when I move to Austell! Hell, I get lost in my own back yard.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?