Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

Just for Marc Tillis

Marc (and anyone else who feels neglected by my site lately, as this is their only source of guidance), this is one of my favorite quotes:

"People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them."

-George Bernard Shaw 1893

Best of luck in your new job, Marc. I know already that you will be successful in anything that you attempt. Your friend, Mike

Comments:
I know good and well that you looked that up in one of your many books you keep around for your own guidance. You see, it is the smart ones that let you do the hard work and just pick out only the very best for the rest of us. Like the trash-ball link down below...realy? It took you 15 minutes to perfect the art of judging the fan? I thought you were all artsy-fartsy with your piano playing and such, doesnt that take timing? It should have taken 30 sec, tops! for you to have perfected that task! I'm dissapointed. But anyways, thanks for the vote of confidence...it is only because of people like you that I am where I am today. And by the way, that picture of Shannon sitting on my lap at "The Bump" is definitely on my wall!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?