Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 

Road Trip!

Shannon and I left Dothan on Tuesday around noon. We knew we had time to kill because we wanted to go by the Outback in Montgomery to see some old friends of mine, and I had promised her Bonefish Grill for dinner. I knew that she had never experienced Sikes & Kohn's Country Mall (just north of Troy), so we decided to stop in. Did I mention this is a Country Mall? Levi's, Wranglers, boots, flip-flops, hunting gear, tacky purses, and underwear seem to prevail here, but they did have a couple of things that caught our eyes. I was mainly concerned with the assortment of Birkenstocks. I was even more concerned when I discovered that Shannon had never owned a pair. Well, I guess we all know what she's getting for Christmas. We finally made it to Mongomery and decided to walk around the Shoppes at East Chase. You name it, they got it. American Eagle, Gap, A & F, Bath and Body Works, everything. We spent the majority of our time in two places: William Sonoma and some unnamed little art gallery. We finally tore ourselves away (without spending a dime, surprisingly) and went to Outback. It was great catching up with Tim Baucom (my old Proprietor) and the rest of the gang: Marcus, Stephen, Tory, Regina, Jan, Tricia, Zandra, Jonathan, Roberta, Angela, Jessica... sorry if I forgot anyone. We drove over to Bonefish and said hello to my good friend Julie Hauser, Proprietor, and had a delicious meal. Shannon had a Caesar salad (imagine that) and a huge bowl of muscles. I had the Cajun Chicken Egg Rolls, and they were even better than I remembered. Stuffed and happy, we got back on the road. So it only took us 8 hours to get from Dothan to Auburn. Not bad!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?