Wednesday, July 27, 2005

 

A River Runs Through It






In the tradition of Norman Maclean, I took my first fly-fishing expedition on Wednesday. I've fished in lakes, ponds, and in the Gulf of Mexico, but this was one of the most thrilling experiences I've ever had (with a fish). The bottom picture was my first fish (a 19" Rainbow Trout), which I caught about 4 minutes after my first cast (which looked nothing like Brad Pitt's "shadow-casting", more like Dorf on Fishing). I caught the next one (24") about an hour later. It only took about 6 or 7 minutes to bring in, but it seemed like a lot longer. The water was about 40 degrees (we were in the Blue Ridge Mountains), but the waders kept us warm and dry. Admit it. They're kinda sexy. Anyway, I can't wait to get back up there. Very peaceful, relaxing, tranquil and serene. I highly recommend it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?