Saturday, July 16, 2005

 

Outback and stuff

I went in to work for a couple of hours last night, just to check out the scene. Nice people, slow store. John and I went to Taco Mac for a few beers after the shift. I think we're going to get along very well. This afternoon, I made a surprise stop at JC Penney's, where Shannon was supposed to be hard at work. She introduced me to her Operations Manager, Brad, who was also supposed to be hard at work (this web site was actually on his computer screen when I walked in). He is a card let me tell you, A.D.D. and all. I finally made it out to Jimmy and Tracy's around 3:30 (I left my place at 12:15). We're going to grill some Bleu Cheese Burgers tonight on the back porch. Yum! Pictures coming soon.

Comments:
I can't believe you left my "hometown" of Opelika for the metropolis of Atlanta!!! Granted, I did it 24 years ago, but exactly which part of it being a small town where everyone knows your business and there is nothing to do did you not like? I mean, they have a JC Penney, a SUPER Wal Mart, and a couple of McDonalds. What more is there? Personally, I think you were afraid you would end up being a War Eagle if you stayed too long. My Dad would have been proud...... :-)
I'm proud of you anyway (even though you moved on) and what you have done with your life. Sounds like you are very happy, and that's what I like to hear. Even though Shannon has not passed MY test for you, she sounds like a wonderful person!
L U,
Aut
 
This is a nice site. I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself in Atlanta, too. But I think it's a little strange that you are so excited to visit stores like J.C. Penny's and WalMart.
 
Mike,
I should have tried this before e-mail. Please call me even if you don't have an answer yet! Or e-mail me with your new phone #. Hope you're enjoying ATL!

Ted
 
glad that you are having a great time and enjoying yourself!! Sam and I, well I was going to drag Sam along with me :) and say bye but we were busy moving and all--sorry! Tell Shannon we said Hi!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?