Friday, July 15, 2005

 

I Love Atlanta!!!

I realize that I haven't been here very long, and nothing will ever replace my memories of Opelika and the fantastic people that I met there, but I can already tell that Atlanta is where I need to be. It's just a perfect fit. I decided early this morning that today would be a sight-seeing day, just to figure out my surroundings. Shannon was not as enthusiastic as I was, but I dragged her along anyway (she's the type that goes to a store on a mission). Before long, she could finally see how much fun it is to walk for hours on end (with no purpose) through all of the different stores (it is the company that matters most). We walked through Target, spent almost two hours in Borders (where we enjoyed two Lattes and a delicious Key Lime Cheesecake), then had a wonderful dinner at my Outback in Austell, where we met a lot of my new coworkers. They welcomed me with open arms, and seemed to be genuinely glad that I will be joining their team. Even though I'm not expected until Monday morning, I'm going to pop in for a visit at work Friday night from 6 'til 10 to help out on expo and meet the rest of the staff. I'm heading to Jimmy and Tracy's on Saturday (lemonade and such by the pool), then getting back to work mode on Sunday. It's hard to believe that I haven't worked since June 30th!!! Pitiful! It's a rough life, but somebody has to live it...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?